Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Inspiration Other Than Food..... Music!

When the tough is tough and it seems like the worse would never get better, I always knew that there was something that could change it and that's music. I have a iPOD that I carry around with me all the time (well no literally every where) but majority of the time its with me. I listen to all genres of music, Rock, Hip-Hop, Country, Blues, Swing, R&B, Metal, Alternative, you name it I probably have it. I'm always looking for new music to listen to and luckily enough I have a friend who supplies me (legally) with music and vice versa when possible. (I'll say her initials are E.E.)
On Feb. 10th. 2010, I went to my first rock concert ever! At The Ogden theater in Denver, CO, Theory of a Deadman was the headliners and the opening bands were Taking Dawn, Adelitas Way and Halestorm. I was so excited to because I always wanted to go and now was that first time. The first band Taking Dawn.......

*Oh wait before I continue just wanted to say that I am listening to Theory of a Deadman Scars & Souvenirs (Special Edition) album.
(cont).... I was in the front area which made the concert even better for me. The first opening band was Taking Dawn and they were definitely a great band to start the night off with. My favorite songs that they played were Like A Revolution and Hallelujah. I'm in front taking a million and one pictures emptying out any memory my camera had.


The second band to play was Adelitas Way, which was amazing. As they transitioned into one of their songs, the leader vocalist Rick started talking about the road trip they have been on. Then he started talking about how he was in a place he had no idea at but it was full of green grass and then approached the sign "Welcome to Colorado." I knew what that place was because I'm from there, Kansas! Then they continued playing their songs and all of the songs were great, but my favorite songs from them were Invincible, Dirty Little Thing, Scream and Last Stand.



Next band up was Halestorm and as soon as Lzzy (Lead vocal) started to sing, the first thing I said was "I'm getting their album!" The band then continued to play and every song they played from It's Not You, Innocence, I Get Off, Familiar Taste of Poison and many more from their debut album was great. I was in the crowd jumping, cheering (wishing I knew the lyrics) and having the best time of my life.


Last but not least the headliners Theory of a Deadman was up to the stage and the crowd went crazy! Theory of a Deadman played songs from their new album Scars & Souvenirs and old songs from their old albums. They were amazing and my favorite songs (again all the songs were amazing) were Crutch, Hate My Life and their old ones which I still have to get those albums. Theory of a Deadman were so great as the crowd (even me) chanted out "ENCORE, ENCORE, ENCORE!!!!!" for at least 5 minutes straight they came back out and played one of their most known songs Bad Girlfriend and two other songs!

Best way to put that night, the concert was so amazing I ended up leaving with Theory of a Deadman's album Scars & Souvenirs (Special Edition) and Halestorm's self-titled album both autographed by all of the band members! I still plan on getting the other band's albums to add to my collection because overall, music is what keeps me sane every day. I put their albums on my iPOD that night and listened to both Halestorm and Theory of a Deadman for 3 days straight and nobody else!

- Chef Kenon Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment